Alberta NDP - not so scary after all . . . . (ᵔᴥᵔ)
ßeaverß
2015-04-29 20:03:47 UTC
Listen to the interview in audio:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Edmonton/ID/2665803749/

CBC News Posted: Apr 29, 2015

Rachel Notley says priorities are job creation, education and health care
Notley addressed royalty reviews, taxation, budgeting errors and pipelines in
pair of interviews

Alberta NDP Leader Rachel Notley addressed many of the criticisms lobbed at her
party from the Tories in the past week during an interview on CBC Radio
Wednesday morning.

One day after she accused Premier Jim Prentice of fearmongering Albertans with
his suggestion that the NDP would turn their back on the province's oil
industry, Notley responded with a laugh, saying all parties do dabble in the
practise from time to time.

But she also reiterated her earlier message.

"Really, we've been trying to focus on the good parts of our policy in terms of
our focus on job creation, on protecting our education and improving our health
care. But that being said, you know, I think there's been a lot of ..
fearmongering by the Tories about what might happen should we be elected."

When pressed by Edmonton AM host Mark Connolly on the billion dollar error in
the party's original budget platform just one day after delivering it, Notley
delivered her standard line saying "sometimes errors are made — the key is how
you respond to those errors when they're made."

Asked whether she was worried if the miscalculation would affect Albertans'
faith in the party, Notley was quick to point out the province's finance
minister made a similar-sized error when he projected Alberta would be facing a
half-billion dollar deficit in January, when in fact there was a half billion
surplus.

Changes to taxation

"We want to make it a bit more fair," said Notley when asked about her plans
for tax changes, which would include cancelling the health care premium
introduced in the last Tory budget and ditching the flat tax.

Under the NDP plan, she said, 90 per cent of Albertans would end up paying
fewer taxes than they would under Prentice's proposed tax model.

Only those who make more than $125,000 per year would see an increase.
Likewise, 'profitable corporations — not small businesses' would go from 10 per
cent to 12, she added.

"We still believe that we remain competitive relative to other provinces by
doing that and that we can ensure the ongoing competitive advantage that
Alberta will enjoy."

Future pipelines

Notley also responded to Prentice's criticism that Alberta's NDP will take an
anti-pipeline stance on principle, following the lead set by the party in other
provinces.

Last weekend, Notley said her party would move away from the Northern Gateway
pipeline, which would transport oil from Alberta's oil patch to the B.C. coast.

On Wednesday, however, Notley said the decision to distance the party from
Northern Gateway was made based on experts' analysis suggesting the project
will not be moving forward quickly.

She said Alberta would be better served in the immediate by sitting down with
industry leaders to determine a more realistic focus for its efforts that will
being success sooner rather than later — "and Gateway is just not one of those
projects, and most experts will tell you that."
Alan Baker
2015-04-29 20:11:42 UTC
Post by ßeaverß
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Edmonton/ID/2665803749/
'Four line items in the NDP budget document have been revised,
including those that promise stable funding health care, K-12
education, advanced education and child intervention. In most cases the
figures have been adjusted upward.
Under health care alone, this amounted to cumulative $3.9-billion error
over four years.'

<http://www.edmontonjournal.com/misses+year+balanced+budget+calculation/10989296/story.html>
Nobody
2015-04-29 20:42:38 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by ßeaverß
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Edmonton/ID/2665803
749/
'Four line items in the NDP budget document have been revised,
including those that promise stable funding health care, K-12
education, advanced education and child intervention. In most
cases the figures have been adjusted upward.
Under health care alone, this amounted to cumulative $3.9-billion
error over four years.'
<http://www.edmontonjournal.com/misses+year+balanced+budget+calcula
tion/10989296/story.html>
An NDP government would ruin Alberta just like they have in several
other provinces. Saskatchewan is booming now that the NDP are gone.

If you have nothing, an NDP government would probably be OK. If you
are above average, the 'Robin Hood' mentality of the NDP will take what
you have and give it to the poorer to even things out. Sucks if you
work hard to get ahead.

Pretty easy to see why KKKaren likes them so much.
If she had a job besides the one at Goodwill, she would understand.
Then again, knowing her, maybe not.
ßeaverß
2015-04-29 20:31:12 UTC
Post by Nobody
An NDP government would ruin Alberta just like they have in several
other provinces. Saskatchewan is booming now that the NDP are gone.
That's *my* right wing slant on it, anyway.
Alan Baker
2015-04-29 20:32:37 UTC
Post by Nobody
An NDP government would ruin Alberta just like they have in several
other provinces. Saskatchewan is booming now that the NDP are gone.
That's *my* right wing slant on it, anyway.
If you have nothing, an NDP government would probably be OK. If you
are above average, the 'Robin Hood' mentality of the NDP will take what
you have and give it to the poorer to even things out. Sucks if you
work hard to get ahead.
That's *my* right wing slant on it, anyway.
Pretty easy to see why KKKaren likes them so much.
If she had a job besides the one at Goodwill, she would understand.
Then again, knowing her, maybe not.
That's *my* right wing slant on it, anyway.
Absolutely no factual rebuttal...

...just lying by way of quote forging.
The Doctor
2015-04-29 23:28:54 UTC
Post by Nobody
Read http://www.albertaliberal.com/liberals_question_ndp_yahtze_budget_numbers
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Alberta time to save the province from corruption! Vote Liberal on 5 May 2015!!
M.I.Wakefield
It turns out that math *is* hard ...
2015-04-29 22:22:29 UTC
At least for the Prentice party.