PETITION to recall Danielle Smith . . . .
(ಠ_ಠ)
2014-12-21 02:41:26 UTC
“I think if you set the bar high enough when somebody has truly demonstrated an
abuse of the public trust, it gives them a mechanism to be able to fire their
representative midstream rather than have to wait for the next election.” –
Danielle Smith, CBC News, November 19, 2014.

http://www.recalldanielle.ca/

The Huffington Post Alberta Posted: 12/18/2014

Danielle Smith Recall Petition Started By Angry Albertans

Are you one of the thousands of Albertans who are upset with Danielle Smith and
the eight other Wildrose MLAs who crossed the floor to join the PC government
yesterday?

Here's a way to express your indignation.

A group of angry Albertans have created a website, demanding that the former
Wildrose leader resign her seat, forcing a byelection.

The petition reads:

Danielle Smith has broken her promise to voters and abandoned her duties
as the leader of the opposition. For years, she condemned the Progressive
Conservatives as untrustworthy, corrupt and out of touch with Albertans. Until
they offered her a political payoff – and then she jumped ship and joined them.

Smith used to support MLA recall – the right for voters to force a
byelection in a riding. She's probably reneged on that belief too, but we haven't.

Smith won her election by promising to oppose the PCs – not to make a
secret deal to join them.

Caitlyn Madlener, a co-creator of the website recalldanielle.ca, told Metro
Calgary it's time that Smith face statements she's made in the past about being
a principled politician.

“Before, she said she believed in recall votes and being able to recall
politicians, and we believe she should stick to those principles and allow her
constituents to go into a byelection and decide whether or not they want to see
her in power before,” Madlener said.

Madlener told the Edmonton Journal the petition has already garnered a few
hundred signatures, and that "people are happy to find a place to put out their
frustrations."

Smith explained her defection to reporters Wednesday, saying: "If you're going
to be the official Opposition leader, you have to really want to take down the
government and really want to take down the premier. I don't want to take down
this premier."

And while the politicians were behind closed doors, Alberta's
politically-minded took to Twitter, recasting all the drama as if it were a
Hollywood movie. Check out some of their suggestions below.

[Very cute captions at bottom: #ablegmovies: Politics Meets Hollywood ] . . .
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/12/18/recall-danielle-smith_n_6349676.html
The Doctor
2014-12-21 13:38:38 UTC
[...]
Well expect a Spring election in Alberta.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Merry Christmas 2014 and Happy New Year 2015