Trump Correct Not To Support Winner with 20 Days to Go
Kixi
2016-10-20 15:36:11 UTC
The establishment had a great "tradition" going for them.
Traditionally, they ran candidates with both parties and traditionally
got the loser to endorse the winner. A great ploy.

So now they want the anti-establishment candidate to endorse the the
other with 20 days yet to go. That would give Clinton's side a blank
check to play dirty ... and Trump would be bound by his word to support
her. Good try boys.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-20 15:48:14 UTC
Post by Kixi
The establishment had a great "tradition" going for them.
Traditionally, they ran candidates with both parties and traditionally
got the loser to endorse the winner. A great ploy.
So now they want the anti-establishment candidate to endorse the the
other with 20 days yet to go. That would give Clinton's side a blank
check to play dirty ... and Trump would be bound by his word to support
her. Good try boys.
Beautifully said and exactly what I was thinking. It was a trick and he
didn't fall for it.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Alan Baker
2016-10-20 20:49:19 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Kixi
The establishment had a great "tradition" going for them.
Traditionally, they ran candidates with both parties and traditionally
got the loser to endorse the winner. A great ploy.
So now they want the anti-establishment candidate to endorse the the
other with 20 days yet to go. That would give Clinton's side a blank
check to play dirty ... and Trump would be bound by his word to support
her. Good try boys.
Beautifully said and exactly what I was thinking. It was a trick and he
didn't fall for it.
There's little evidence you think at all.

M.I.Wakefield
2016-10-20 20:27:20 UTC
The establishment had a great "tradition" going for them. Traditionally,
they ran candidates with both parties and traditionally got the loser to
endorse the winner. A great ploy.
So now they want the anti-establishment candidate to endorse the the other
with 20 days yet to go. That would give Clinton's side a blank check to
play dirty ... and Trump would be bound by his word to support her. Good
try boys.
WALLACE: Mr. Trump, I want to ask you about one last question in this topic.
You have been warning at rallies recently that this election is rigged and
that Hillary Clinton is in the process of trying to steal it from you.

Your running mate, Governor Pence, pledged on Sunday that he and you — his
words — “will absolutely accept the result of this election.” Today your
daughter, Ivanka, said the same thing. I want to ask you here on the stage
tonight: Do you make the same commitment that you will absolutely — sir,
that you will absolutely accept the result of this election?

TRUMP: I will look at it at the time. I’m not looking at anything now. I’ll
look at it at the time.

What I’ve seen — what I’ve seen is so bad. First of all, the media is so
dishonest and so corrupt, and the pile-on is so amazing. The New York Times
actually wrote an article about it, but they don’t even care. It’s so
dishonest. And they’ve poisoned the mind of the voters.

But unfortunately for them, I think the voters are seeing through it. I
think they’re going to see through it. We’ll find out on November 8th. But I
think they’re going to see through it.

WALLACE: But, sir, there’s…

TRUMP: If you look — excuse me, Chris — if you look at your voter rolls, you
will see millions of people that are registered to vote — millions, this isn’t
coming from me — this is coming from Pew Report and other places — millions
of people that are registered to vote that shouldn’t be registered to vote.

So let me just give you one other thing. So I talk about the corrupt media.
I talk about the millions of people — tell you one other thing. She shouldn’t
be allowed to run. It’s crooked — she’s — she’s guilty of a very, very
serious crime. She should not be allowed to run.

And just in that respect, I say it’s rigged, because she should never…

WALLACE: But…

TRUMP: Chris, she should never have been allowed to run for the presidency
based on what she did with e-mails and so many other things.

WALLACE: But, sir, there is a tradition in this country — in fact, one of
the prides of this country — is the peaceful transition of power and that no
matter how hard-fought a campaign is, that at the end of the campaign that
the loser concedes to the winner. Not saying that you’re necessarily going
to be the loser or the winner, but that the loser concedes to the winner and
that the country comes together in part for the good of the country. Are you
saying you’re not prepared now to commit to that principle?

TRUMP: What I’m saying is that I will tell you at the time. I’ll keep you in
suspense. OK?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking on Fox News, conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer called it
the "totally wrong answer," adding that it was "not a gaffe" and "you know
that he's convinced that this is something he wants to take a stand on."

"This is political suicide," he said, suggesting Trump was winning the
debate until that point.

Laura Ingraham, a conservative radio host and fierce Trump supporter,
tweeted that Trump "should have said he would accept the results of the
election" and that there's "no other option unless we're in a recount
again," making note of the 2000 election between George W. Bush and Al Gore.

Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Jeff Flake of Arizona, two
Republicans who have not endorsed Trump, were swift to criticize him for the
answer.

Graham wrote that a Trump loss would not be "because the system is 'rigged'
but because he failed as a candidate," while Flake called Trump's suggestion
that he may not accept the results of the election "beyond the pale."

Billionaire "Shark Tank" star Mark Cuban said on Fox News that Trump
"disowned American democracy" with his answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More than one Republican used the word "disqualifying".
Alan Baker
2016-10-20 20:49:02 UTC
Post by Kixi
The establishment had a great "tradition" going for them.
Traditionally, they ran candidates with both parties and traditionally
got the loser to endorse the winner. A great ploy.
So now they want the anti-establishment candidate to endorse the the
other with 20 days yet to go. That would give Clinton's side a blank
check to play dirty ... and Trump would be bound by his word to support
her. Good try boys.
What nonsense.

Agreeing to accept the results of the election is not endorsing the
other candidate.